Thrush (Foot Rot) is caused mainly by maceration and bacteria that disrupts the outer layer of the hoof and affects the interdigital area. The cause of this is mainly linked to poor housing hygiene, injury or softening and thinning of the hoof. Urea and microorganisms disrupt the natural resistance of the hoof thus the hoof is affected considerably as the thrush deeply penetrates the dermis. When permeation occurs the hoof becomes very painful and the animal often becomes lame. Symptoms include the tissue above the hoof being reddened, a foul smelling discharge, swelling of the hoof and spreading of the toes.
Clever Fungus Ecosin
The enzymatic activity of Pythium oligandrum inhibits the growth of bacteria causing rot and also suppresses odour. The hoof becomes drier after application, is not as sensitive and the natural protective barrier is restored.
Instructions for use:
1. Dissolve 1 effervescent tablet in two litres of lukewarm water (about 34 °C) and let it activate for 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Using your hoofpick and/or hoof brush, remove all debris, manure and mud. Apply directly to the affected area either by wrapping or placing the hoof into a basin/bucket.
3. Leave the hoof wrapped for at least 20 minutes.
4. Allow hooves to dry naturally.
5. Repeat all steps above 3 three times a week. You can prolong the application as needed, there is no danger of overuse.
Once mixed with water, use solution within 24 hours.
Do not use any other antifungal treatments in conjunction with Ecosin at least 5 days prior and 5 days post treatment.